Freeman Custom Home - Project Update
Hey everyone, this is Brandon Freeman with Freeman’s Construction. Welcome to our home. I’m here with my daughter Allie. We are excited to show you what’s going on with our latest video update. We have been very busy working. In fact, Allie has had her tools out too.
Freeman Home Selections
This build has been a lot of work, but we’ve made great progress. These are some things that add a lot of character to this home such as:
- Two-Tone Cabinets: We went with teal-blue lower cabinets and white upper cabinets in the kitchen.
- Countertops: We’re going with a grayish-white marbly granite type material. Which should bring the cupboards together well.
- Open Beams: Leftover lumber from old jobs, ripped down, distressed, built, and installed by J White Construction and antiqued by TSPainting.
- Entry Accent Wall: Shiplap wall in the entry hallway
- Fireplace: A fireplace to be finished with stone on the hearth and surround.
- Large Laundry Cabinets: Cabinets built by Butler Brother Cabinetry for excellent storage space in the laundry room.
- Master Bath Special Features
- Another shiplap accent wall in the water closet
- Freestanding Tub
- Barrier Free Shower *these use to be common only in handicap settings, but the seamless transition has become popular in modern design trends.
Special Waterproofing Features
The orange you see here on the laundry floor is called an uncoupling membrane. This functions as both waterproofing and uncoupling. Uncoupling means that it separates whatever is beneath the tile from the tile itself. Any lateral movement or cracking does not transfer into the tile itself leaving you with a really solid base for your tile to go down.
Shower Wall Tile
These orange walls in the master bathroom are made by a company called Schluter. The product is called Kerdi Board. It Is another method to waterproof showers and wet areas. Kerdi Board is made out of foam board with a waterproof membrane on both the front and the back. These features are a little bit of extra work, but well worth it in the long run. In our home, we included it in our master suite and in the kids’ and guest bathrooms as well.
What’s to Come for This Home in Ramona
I’ll film a couple more videos similar to this one as a follow-up. My last video was in February, so I have a little bit of catch-up to do. I hope to share with you the updates on the copper pipe and plumbing as well as some of the chemicals and water quality information that is pertinent.
Freeman Custom Home
I hope you enjoyed this tour. Nicole and I are just thrilled to do something like this. It’s been a very long project, but well worth it and fun. We are blessed by the number of people that have stepped in to help. I’ll keep you updated with continued progress. If you like this floor plan and want to learn more about the building process, you can download this floor plan along with much more information about custom home building.
Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day!